Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I should have but I didn't...

I should have turned off the TV this morning and made all the kids help me unpack from camping. Instead, I let them lay around in their jammies eating dry cereal from the boxes, watching TV until 11:30am. Camping recovery is hard, you know.

I should have called my little sister on her birthday, but I didn't. Instead, I texted with another sister who was having a stress moment. I have something new on my prayer list now.

I should have fixed lunch for my kids. Instead, I continued teaching the 12-year-olds to make grilled cheese sandwiches. They had to use the turner and flip the sandwiches themselves this time.

I should have cooked a fabulous supper, but I didn't. Instead, we took the kids out to the Italian bufet. Mmmmmmm.

I should have ignored the last cinnamon roll off my son's abandoned plate at the buffet, but I didn't. Instead, I found it highly delicious.

I should have folded laundry tonight, but I didn't. Instead, I talked about bucket calves with the neighbor who stopped by.

I should have walked away from Facebook sooner, but I didn't. Instead, my kids had a minor brawl and a tooth was knocked out. A baby tooth, praise the Lord, and a loose one at that, but I still had to put on my Mommy mad and send kids to bed.

I should have typed a new blog post all about campfire smoke, but I didn't. Instead, my blog got a makeover.

I should have but I didn't. Shoulda coulda woulda. What a boring day this would have been if I had.

For we know in all things the Lord works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments: